I’m Vicky Lambert…
A native Californian, I’ve been a genealogist for over twenty years in search of my Eastern, Midwestern, and Southern ancestors, as well as veterans from the Revolutionary War to WW II. This work has led me to help others in tracking their hard-to-find ancestors and stories.
My specialization is in Forensic Genealogy with specific focus on probate, estate, kinship determination, and missing heirs.
- Founding Board Member and Past Treasurer, Forensic Genealogy Special Interest Group, Association of Professional Genealogists
- Graduate of ProGen Study Group, a peer review program for genealogists
- Certificate holder from the Boston University CPE Genealogical Research Program
- Member of:
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- California Genealogical Society (CGS)
- Southern California Genealogical Society (SCGS)
- Certificate holder from the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy and the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh in:
- Establishing Genealogical Proof with DNA
- Fundamentals of Forensic Genealogy
- Beyond Fundamentals of Forensic Genealogy
- Mastering the Art of Genealogical Documentation
- Corpus Juris: Advanced Legal Concepts for Genealogy
- Scholarship recipient from the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy
- Experienced in forensic genealogy, reconnecting families and objects, historic research, residential genealogy
- Trained in genealogical research using online, archival, and genetic testing sources
As a certificate-holder of the Boston University CPE Genealogical Research Program, a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, I support and adhere to the American Professional Genealogist’s Code of Ethics and the Board for the Certification of Genealogists Genealogical Proof Standard.